Mobile users, please 'Scroll Down' for more information or navigate the complete site by opening the Ξ menu bar at the top of the page
UPDATE 29th March 2021
We have reviewed the guidance from the Government, the National Allotment Society and Gloucester City Council, and here is our interpretation for Saintbridge.
Rule of Six - Meeting friends and family outdoors.
You can now meet up outdoors with friends and family you do not live with. Either, in a group of up to 6 from any number of households (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6) or in a group of any size from up to two households (each household can include an existing support bubble, if eligible).
Any plot holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with coronavirus should not be visiting the site.
The composting toilet is now closed until further notice.
Bonfires of any size are not permitted on the site until further notice.We ask that all plot holders and any guests visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please keep your distance from other plot holders to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current Government guidelines about social distancing (face masks and 2 mtr segregation).
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Be careful after touching site gates, locks, taps or other communal assets. Disinfect your hands after each use using hand sanitiser or wipes.
- The use of the site is for plot holders only. No others are to enter the site if the plot holder is not present and the 'Rule of Six' must apply and be confined to your plot at all times.
- Do not use the water troughs to wash hands or equipment to sterilise them. The water is for watering purposes only. Be careful not to contaminate the troughs with any soap or other chemicals. Wherever possible please do not use the taps, but dip your watering can into the troughs.
- The registered tenant is responsible for the conduct of all people on their plot. Please stay on your plot at all times and do not venture onto another plot under any circumstances.For further information and guidance please follow this link to the National Allotment Society https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/
Please stay safe everyone and best regards
Please feel free to explore this site which we hope that you will find both interesting and informative. If you have any questions, comments or feedback we would welcome your contribution, please use the above 'Contact Us' link to submit them.
Allotmenting can be extremely rewarding. There is nothing like harvesting your very own fresh and organic produce and bringing it to the dining table within hours. The difference between fruit and vegetables that you have grown yourself and those bought from Supermarkets is amazing. It can also be hard work (but cheaper than a gym!) so you may wish to browse the 'Information' links above to see if allotmenting is right for you.
Our site currently consists of 279 plots of various sizes.
A standard full plot is typically 253m² (10 perch) but is usually sub-divided into two half plots, each approximately 126 m² (5 perch). There are also several smaller plots of 55 to 75 m².
Where are we:
Our site is located in the suburbs of Gloucester, vehicular access is via Cheyney Close off Painswick Road and is adjacent to the lovely Saintbridge Balancing Pond & Wildlife Area.
The nearest postcode is GL4 4PS (click for map)