Mobile users, please 'Scroll Down' for more information or navigate the complete site by opening the Ξ menu bar at the top of the page
Following on from the City Council’s advice that we forwarded to you earlier (click here) we have reviewed guidance from the National Allotment Society and other councils, and here is our interpretation for Saintbridge.
Any plot-holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with coronavirus should not be visiting the site.
The composting toilet is now closed until further notice.
Bonfires of any size are not permitted on the site untill further notice.We ask that all plotholders visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please keep your distance from other plotholders to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current Government guidelines about social distancing.
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Be careful after touching site gates, locks, taps or other communal assets. Disinfect your hands after each use using hand sanitiser or wipes.
- The use of the site is for plotholders only. No groups are allowed on site and only family members that live with the plotholder can enter the site if the plotholder is also present.
- Do not use the water troughs to wash hands or equipment to sterilise them. The water is for watering purposes only. Be careful not to contaminate the troughs with any soap or other chemicals. Wherever possible please do not use the taps, but dip your watering can into the troughs.
- Please stay on your plot at all times and do not enter another plot under any circumstances.For further information and guidance please follow this link to the National Allotment Society https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/
Please stay safe everyone and best regards
Please feel free to explore this site which we hope that you will find both interesting and informative. If you have any questions, comments or feedback we would welcome your contribution, please use the above 'Contact Us' link to submit them.
Allotmenting can be extremely rewarding. There is nothing like harvesting your very own fresh and organic produce and bringing it to the dining table within hours. The difference between fruit and vegetables that you have grown yourself and those bought from Supermarkets is amazing. It can also be hard work (but cheaper than a gym!) so you may wish to browse the 'Information' links above to see if allotmenting is right for you.
Our site currently consists of 279 plots of various sizes.
A standard full plot is typically 253m² (10 perch) but is usually sub-divided into two half plots, each approximately 126 m² (5 perch). There are also several smaller plots of 55 to 75 m².
Where are we:
Our site is located in the suburbs of Gloucester, vehicular access is via Cheyney Close off Painswick Road and is adjacent to the lovely Saintbridge Balancing Pond & Wildlife Area.
The nearest postcode is GL4 4PS (click for map)